Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Birthday Delivery

A favorite client of mine (who has since moved to Galveston, sadly) ordered this arrangement for a birthday dinner she hosted in honor of a local restaurant owner. Check out the fabulous restaurant here.

DSC_0063 (2)edit Purple hydrangea, ‘Caramella’ roses, peach hypericum berries, rice flower, ‘Sunset’ ornamental kale and blue hyacinth in a zinc planter.

 

I can never resist a hydrangea…especially the rich deep purple variety. I fell in love with the ‘Caramella’ rose the first time I saw it, but always have a hard time finding it when I want to use it… disappointing.

Other loves…the texture of the rice flower, the purple veining of ‘Sunset’ kale and the fragrance of hyacinth.

DSC_0072edit

1 comment:

bluehydrangea said...

Thanks for stopping by Blue Hydrangea and welcome to the blogging world! I love flowers but have a black thumb so I will be back to see what you are up to!