Saturday, September 5, 2009

Who in the World is Anna Marie?

While working in the yard this morning, I started thinking about flowers named for people. I find it amusing to imagine the faces behind the names. If your name happens to be Anna Liza, Anna Marie, Jimmy, Justina, Kathryn, Sandra or Yvonne…you can pretend one of the flowers below was named for you! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find one named for Amy…

Anna_Liza sunvalley

HYACINTH  
ANNA LIZA

Anne_Marie sunvalley

HYACINTH  
ANNE MARIE

Jimmy sunvalley

TULIP   / Standard Tulip
JIMMY

Justina sunvalley

LILIES   / Orchid Lilies
JUSTINA

(image via Sun Valley Group)

Kathryn sunvalley

LILIES   / Orchid Lilies
KATHRYN

Sandra sunvalley

FREESIA  
SANDRA

Yvonne sunvalley

FREESIA  
YVONNE

Note: If you are a breeder of hydrangeas and need a name for a beautiful new variety, I give you permission to use the name Amy. I’ll hold my breath…

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a great holiday weekend. See you back here on Monday with more flowers.

(all images via Sun Valley Group)

 

No comments: