Friday, October 2, 2009

The Landscape of Uganda

Today’s post will be a little different than what you normally see here. I want to share some photos of the landscape of Uganda. You see, Uganda has been on my mind regularly since I read this post on Blueprint Bliss. I’ve read every post on Katie’s blog and find myself wondering how the country looks and what flowers bloom there. I suppose it’s a desire to connect somehow with these amazing people…

uganda_5_1visualgeography.com boris kester  …landscape along the River Nile…Katie mentions this river many times on her blog…

 

uganda_5_4tea plantation visualgeography.com boris kesyer …tea plantation…

 

uganda_5_9sausage tree visual geography.com nana bjornlund …sausage tree…

 

uganda_5_2visualgeography.com boris kester …Murchison Falls…

To say that I have been deeply moved by Katie’s story would be an understatement for sure. I am inspired, I am convicted, I am moved to action by the ability of my Lord to use someone half my age to change the world and to stir the heart of a complacent* American Christian (that would be me!).

*complacent:

Contented to a fault; self-satisfied and unconcerned

A feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of danger, trouble, or controversy.

Hope you have a great weekend and I’ll have more flowers for you tomorrow.

(all images via visual geography)

1 comment:

Blueprint Bliss said...

What beautiful images.

And what a great post. I'm right there with you... amazed at Katie's love for the Lord and the work He is doing in her life. It has definitely opened my eyes to my life and what I do every day.