Friday, October 23, 2009

Preserved Roses

I’m not a huge fan of silk flowers. I prefer  fresh flowers that I can smell and watch as they mature and drop petals. However, I realize that it’s not always budget friendly to have fresh flowers in a home year round. So, after years of clients asking me to make silk arrangements, I finally came up with a compromise. I decided to make permanent arrangements as long as I could use real flowers. I was in love the first time I saw preserved roses. After all, they were once fresh and they still look fresh in an arrangement…just use your imagination on the fragrance.

coach wives dinner 015 edit~ preserved roses, dried hydrangea and found acorns nestled in a client’s urn grace a powder room used by guests ~

If you’re interested in ordering preserved roses  check out The Flower Mart.  I guess I should make it clear that these roses are not brittle like dried roses. They are treated to retain their flexibility. You will pay more for preserved roses, but it is worth it in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many people thought they were fresh in our arrangements…

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by this week…

No comments: