Monday, November 2, 2009

Love in the 80’s

I have to share this love story with you. I had a man in his 80’s call me to order flowers for his 80-something year old girlfriend. He told me the story of their romance which began when they were in their late teens and early 20’s. The romance was put on hold when he was sent to war and things “just didn’t work out when he returned to the States”. Both of them ended up marrying other people and having families…and eventually both of them ended up widowed. They were reintroduced in their late 70’s and began dating. Over the course of several years, this precious man called to order flowers for his sweetheart over and over again. Each time we talked, he would say, “Amy, talk her into marrying me!” Unfortunately, they didn’t get a chance to wed before he passed away, but I will always remember the way they recaptured the romance of their youth. Love can make you youthful at any age…

DSC_0014edit and crop

…speckled hydrangeas, rice flower and ‘Esperance’ roses from Larry to his sweetheart…

He taught me that we’re never too old to be in love and we’re never too old to be attractive to those that love us…thank goodness!

Experiences like this are what make the flower business meaningful…

No comments: