Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Achillea (Yarrow)

Achillea-Moonshine6 plant safari  …long lasting (1-2 weeks)…round flat flower head…air dries well…

(image via Plant Safari)

House Flowers 10-12-013 edit …yarrow, green trachelium, rosemary and ornamental artichokes in English Ironstone…

DSC_0018 edit …yarrow adds a shot of yellow to a centerpiece of ‘Gypsy Curiosa’ roses, ‘Terra Cotta’ roses, ‘Flame’ callas and pepperberries…

If you don’t care for yellow, yarrow is also available in pink,white and red. The yellow yarrow seems to hold up the best, but the pink is so delicate and beautiful.

I’m hoping to work my way through a description and pictures of many flower varieties this year. When I was starting out as a floral designer, I read everything I could get my hands on and bought way too many reference books! I’d love to pass some of the information on to those of you who are looking for that kind of info. If you don’t care about the particulars, just enjoy the pictures!

Thanks for stopping by today…

1 comment:

Em said...

love those BIG, beautiful pictures! Those arrangements with the artichokes are fabulous.