Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gloriosa Lily

gloriosa_lily …strongly reflexed, wavy-edged petals…available in red, yellow, pink and purple… can last up to two weeks with proper care…available year-round…

image via Winifred Wikkeling

1 JL Designscymbidium orchids, lime celosia, magenta tulips and gloriosas…oh, how I love that crested celosia with the gloriosas…

image via JL Designs

bouquet-126-lg petals galore …gloriosas and bear grass loops…like the modern simplicity of this bouquet…

image via Petals Galore

sc_13 waterpondlily…a red gloriosa lily boutonniere…exotic…

image via Waterlily Pond 

bouquet-127-lg petals galore …gloriosas and yellow callas…gorgeous…

image via Petals Galore

sophie-3-web petal pusher …a unique combination of gloriosas and succulents…

image via Petal Pusher

Did you know the gloriosa lily is the national flower of Zimbabwe? I’m jealous…

 

1 comment:

Em said...

I did not know that. How interesting. I would love to know how people manage to make bouquets with succulents. Twice when I have potted them they just fall to pieces before I can get them in the soil!!!