Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mirsky Dried Flowers

A couple of years ago, I had several customers wanting to order silk flower arrangements…which I didn’t do because I prefer real flowers. I started looking for a longer lasting “real flower” solution. I can’t even remember how I was introduced to Mirsky Dried Flowers, but I remember looking through their catalog for the first time. The photos were beautiful and many of the flowers could fool the eye into thinking they were fresh.

A few of my favorite items:

coxcomb_rose mirsky …rose coxcomb…

 

echinops mirsky …echinops…

 

hydrangea_multi mirsky

…multi colored hydrangea…

 

LichenWood mirsky …lichen wood…

 

RosePvd_Bic_PinkRoyal mirsky…pink royal preserved roses…

 

rosepvd_porcelain mirsky  …porcelain colored preserved rose…

 

They even have wreaths that are ready to hang…

Wreath_HydrangeaMulti mirsky

…hydrangeas…

scruz_setaria_sq mirsky…Santa Cruz and Setaria… 

 

A couple of arrangements I created with preserved flowers from Mirsky…

DSC_0042 edit …coxcomb, pepperberries, burgundy preserved roses and brunia berries in a moss-lined wire hanger…

dinner 015 (b)edit …the preserved roses can easily be mistaken for fresh…they are soft to the touch and the color is true…

One of my favorite parts of buying from Mirsky are the personal phone calls I receive from Helen Mirsky. I couldn’t believe it the first time she called to ask if I needed anything. While growing and producing beautiful dried and preserved flowers on a 29 acre farm in Northern Oregon, she had time to call me and see if I needed anything?! That level of personal service is rare these days.

You can visit the Mirsky website here or visit their e-store (The Flower Mart) here to order online. Ordering is open to the public at The Flower Mart with no minimum. Resellers can click on the RESELLERS link on the home page to receive wholesale pricing.

Happy Wednesday!

(first 8 pictures via The Flower Mart)

No comments: