Here we are again…Wednesday! So much to share…
1. You know how I love ‘before and after’ photos…
2. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy…
~Which flowers are sold in standard pack sizes? Which flowers are sold by the stem? Find out from Mayesh.
~Learn how to create a chic hanging herb garden at Gardenista.
3. Some shots behind the scenes…love to see what’s going on during the process…don’t you?
4. Isari Flower Studio recently introduced signature soy wax candles made from recycled wine bottles…
5. Love these booth spaces…
6. Check this out…a hidden garden in San Francisco…read the full story here.
7. Want to know how Amanda (Amanda Taffinder Flowers) attached this floral garland to the stone archway? She graciously shared her mechanics with us…
“My amazing Dad kindly shaped a piece of metal pipe to an arch shape and I attached an oasis sausage to the metal arch with cable ties. It was great as the oasis didn't roll round. It was very secure this way, so when you put flowers and foliage in, they stayed where you placed them, instead of the oasis rolling forwards under the weight, if you see what I mean?
Where the arch ends on each side, there luckily was a flat ledge of stone, so my Dad cut 2 bits of wood and drilled a hole in each for the end of the metal arch to slot into, so the arch fitted really really snugly into the stone arch. Also, there are air vents at about 11 and 2'oclock, and you can drop rope/string down through them in a loop and round the metal arch, so it does not fall forwards and out of place.
In the first photo…you can see the groove within the arch. We were able to rest/fit the metal arch into this, which helped with placement and secureness.
The metal pipe was about half an inch thickness.”
Thank you, Amanda!
8. Always amazed at the incredible images from Jose Villa…
How does he make this…
…look like this?!
We’re blessed that he shares his gift with so many in the flower business. Thanks Jose Villa!
10. My favorite quote recently came from Daevid Reed (Daevid’s)…
“Question of the day....."What do you do on your days off?" My reply… "I celebrate Christmas and Easter! "